Saturday, June 7, 2008

Lone Star NFJS Conference

Today is the second day of the java No Fluff Just Stuff conference. I have to complement Jay for putting on a good conference so far. Right now I'm waiting for the second session to start with Craig Walls talk on the Spring Security. This is the topic that I have been waiting for.

Yesterday I went to the JSF talk by David Geary. I liked that presentation and it gave a good overview of JSF. I don't know If I subscribe to JSF yet but at least I know more about it then I did a week ago. The next session that attended was the RIA talk from Richard Moson-Haefel. I commend Richard for being very enthusiastic about the RIA concepts but I just don't agree with some of his theories about pushing most of the computation to the client side because the industry will move back to client only apps. I think that some RIA is a good idea but just us it in the right place.

The last presentation that I attended yesterday was the talk from Craig Walls on Spring Web Services. I don't have any current plans to use WS yet but I love the ideas in Spring and if I need to implement WS I'll look at Spring WS in more detail. Thanks again Craig.

After that we had dinner and then the Keynote from Neal Ford: Ancient Philosophers & Blowhard Jamborees. This was truly the best of the day. Definitely a wake up call for all US programmers, developers and architects. The talk had humor, history and a look at what is going on in our industry.

I can't wait for the rest of this weekend. Keep posted for my next entry

No comments: